Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter

Regina is getting a huge storm, lots of snow, wind and cold temps. I am holed up in my hotel room, just relaxing now. I had been out and did a quick bit of shopping.  Got Laurel a Christmas present and my Bose home theatre system!!!!!! 

Went over to a new restaurant called the Carvings All Day Grill.  It was not very good.  Beautiful atmosphere and a great big building, but the food was not very good and not very accommodating to the diet.  I decided I would like turkey, and you would have thought I would have learned my lesson from last night.  I never asked if it was off a roll.  Guess what, it was off a roll!!  I also asked for a salad instead of potatoes.  They brought that on a separate plate from the rolled turkey.  No potatoes, no bread and no other veggies.  As well, they charged me full price for the rolled turkey and $2 extra for the side salad.  So, needless to say, not likely to go back anytime soon.  And to top it off, they never shovelled their front walk, and the snow was deep. 

I was looking at some article son the net, cause that's what you do when you can't get outside.  They talked about the 80/20 rule. Follow your diet plan 80% and the other 20% is used for "treats"  as I figure it out, 6 days of dieting and one day of relaxing.  If that's the case, I been on this program for 13 weeks, it owes me 13 days of relaxing!!!!!  I bet I will just wait and see.  Maybe I will hold onto those days right now.

I was in Walmart today, and I was asked by a young sales lady if I would try on a coat for another woman shopping for her husband.  I tried on a 3xl, and it was a bit big.  As I walked away they thanked me, and the sales Clerk told the other lady she thought I was quite handsome, for an older man.  Now, isn't that a bit of a salt with the  sweet................

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of news articles, I saw this one tonight on CBC news...thought of you and your AWESOME success!!!
    http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/11/24/diet-protein-weight-off.html

    ReplyDelete