Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oh Oh.....

Well today was an intersesting food day, and really not from the sideof interesting I would like to try that, more then it was interesting as to my choices.

We are at meetings in Toronto.  All of our meals are catered and prepared for us.  So this morning, I started out with my usual protein shake, and water.  Headed downstairs for coffee. Breakfast was danish`s and fruit and all of your typical food items.  I had no problem passing up any of the food.  I wasn`t interested and I was quite happy watching everyone else devour fats and carbs like a bull dog eating ice cream.  It was kinda funny.  Snacks at coffee time. No thanks................

Lunch was a totalbust.  Soup, sandwich`s, wraps and 3 pasta salads.  I looked around to try and determine if I woul dbe able to rape enough veggies from the buckets to have a reasonable meal.  However, I didn`t have to try to hard, caue my BB rang and it was a friend who lives in TO now wanting to go out for a quick lunch.  So, I had Kelsey`s ceasar salad.  It was awesome.

Supper was a buffet at the Woodbine Racetrack.  It was a great meal.  We had many salads,fish dish`s, pasta, potatoes, turkey, roast beef and of course the long line of desserts.  I was proud of myself, in that I had exactly what I wanted.  Salad, fish and the beef.   I enjoyed a larger then normal meal,but still a lot less then I would have eaten 2 months ago.  After supper the races started and we watched and bet on the races.   I was making my way to the bathroom, and realized they had a dessert display near the area we had to go by to go pottie.  Well, my willpower let me down and I had to sample the carrot cake.  It was so freak`n good!!!! Wholly crap.  I ate it and enjoyed every bit I took in, like it would be my last one for ever.  I really did enjoy it.  But, as I sit here writing this note, I have an extremely upset stomach, once again.  I am banking on two things causing this.  To much supper and the extra heavy carbs at supper.  I took 2 pepcid`s now, and it hasn`t gotten a whole lot better.  I am starting to realize, that I have stayed away from so much of the rich and ugly foods, my stomach is telling me to stop eating them.  It`s not a bad thing.  I think I just need to be doing it in a bit of moderation.  Tomorrow is another day.  If there is the same lunch, then I plan to sample the hotel restaurant`s cafe.

Having the dessert at this stage of the program is not a bad thing.  We need to enjoy some special rewards every now and then.  And when we do, we shouldn`t beat ourselves up over it.  I had a couple of these times where I felt geez, what did I do.  But I got right back on track and was still able to lose weight in the week.  I think that if we could never stray, then that`s why we fail.  Let`s face it, we will never be perfect, and this is a short term fix for long term sustainability.  So, if you need to enjoy a sinful pleasure every now and then, we should just so it.  But remember, moderation and the commitment to jump back on track, has to be a promise to yourself.  If we allow the desires and the this won`t hurt me attitude to stay with us, we have just wasted all of our hard work, and lots of money!  My niece Tiffany said to us some time ago, structured eating is good for 5 days, but you have to take a break from it or you will become bored and fall back to poor habits.  So go ahead, cheat a bit, but bring the strength you need to get back to the job at hand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment