Sunday, November 7, 2010

Home at last

Got home Saturday early afternoon from Toronto.  It was a really quick trip.  I was only really gone for 3 days, with the travel in and out. Hardest part was getting the 2 hours lost and then gained into your system.  We were up at 3:30 Saskatchewan time to get ready to leave.  Last night I went to be just before 1:30.  So, 22 hours of waking hours.  That is way to hard on an old guy!!!!!

It was a good experience for me and the program to be away, and be challenged for food choices and trying to stay inside the program guide lines.  You can not and will not always be able to make the perfect choices, however making the right choice at the time will help you stay focused and on track.  For instance, we were up early and in the airport way to early.  I had my shake before we left the hotel.  I then had to have a snack on the airplane, so I had a protein bar that I stuffed in my bag.  Once we landed, I was anxious to get home, and was hungry.  I went to Tim Horton's and grabbed coffee and a sausage breakfast sandwich.  Now, was that the best choice??  Not likely, but it was enough of a food source, that it helped me through till I could get home.  Better choices??  yup, no doubt, I could have had veggies or maybe another protein, but I need something fast so I could get home.  I was on the veggies and back to some sort of program eating by yesterday evening.  I will be back in the mode today. 

I had a tough time with the food.  I really felt uncomfortable breaking from the last 12 weeks of being on track.  However, these situations come at you and you have to be prepared.  We are never going to be 100% dedicated and never have slip ups.  If you going into this thinking that, then you are already sabotaging your efforts.  If you struggle with weight, then you know that for the most parts we make the choices we make based on convenience, and because of habit.  Planning for the potential issues you might run into, helps get you through.  Carry extra bars, or protein snacks.  Carry some cucumbers or peppers in a container.  Maybe carry a small soft cooler with you.  If your stuck, head to Sobey`s or Safeway and buy a portion packaged veggie pack.  You were going to stop some where, so instead of MacDonald's or Burger King, go across the street and get veggies.  You will be happy you did!!  And always, always, always, keep water with you.  That is the biggest part of curbing your hunger.  Is it really hunger you feel, or dehydration.  When you can identify between the two, you are well on your way to being successful at  the weight loss program of any kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment