Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday

Had a great day today. Visited with my old room mate, old being the operative here.  Barry and I lived together in Kindersley.  We also lived with Carol, who subsequently became Barry's wife.  I had thought there was supposed to be no hanky panky at the house, but I guess I was the only one that got the memo!  lol.......................he was surprised to see the new me.  He noticed right away.  It was a real good feeling to have him make the comment and notice changes.  He has asked for the blog site as well, so I am banking on him reading this at some point. 

Meeting with the golf association this weekend.  Byron and I had lunch today at the hotel. A sopping Caesar salad.  Had to wolf it down, as we had a meeting to attend.  Our afternoon meeting of 3 hours, had taken us to 7PM.  Back to the hotel, and now trying to accommodate the lack of menu items into my needs.  Nice place, horrible choices on the menu.  Maybe the Mongoli Grill will deliver.  However, another soppy Ceasar and some dry ribs for supper will have to do.

I picked up 11 pairs of pants from Phoung.  $275 for alterations.  She tried to take in 6 inches on the waist as required, but unfortunately she could only take in 5 inch's.  She also removed inch's in the legs and the crotch, including removing material.  I tried them on and they fit awesome.  I suspect they will get me through now till the spring.  I am sure that I may not be losing many more inch's in the waist and hips, but you never know.  I also left my leather coat with her.  It's not ready.  She will have it ready at Christmas time. 

Went on to the Rider store this afternoon.  Wholly people, batman!  There were 50-60 people in the store at Mossiac.  It was crazy busy.  I found a couple of nice items, but nothing for Laurel.  We are having a Grey Cup get together Sunday, and wanted to get Laurel something to wear.  Unfortunately, there was nothing that I think she would have liked.  Maybe she can get something locally tomorrow.  We are going to wait and get the Grey Cup Champions T-Shirts.

I am anxious to get home after tomorrow.  It's been a long week.  Really anxious to hook up the new surround system too.  I week till surgery, and then 4 weeks of being bored, and hopefully not looking to eat my way out of boredom .......................

No comments:

Post a Comment