Wednesday, December 29, 2010

After Christmas

I made it through the season but not without the extra snacks and over eating. It was really hard not to sample and enjoy the food endlessly. I tried not to two fist and stop at the food every time I walked by. However, I would say that I ate more then my share for a couple of days. I found it hard to just be sitting around without doing anything. The more we sat the more sampling I did. I certainly did not throw it all away, but I definitely carbed up. The results will show in the next weigh in.

I started back to the program regime this morning. I could really feel the difference while I was rewarding myself over the holidays. I was sluggish and bloated, and pretty much miserable! I am looking forward to getting back to work as well.  Less idle time I have the least likely I will be looking for snacks.  We removed all of the temptations that were in the house and we have reloaded with the right stuff. 

We got a chance to see my family for a few days.  It was really nice to have a visit and give them all a chance to see our changes.  It was pretty cool, to hear their accolades to us for the job we have done so far.  The person I really wanted to see was our dietitian niece Tiffany.  She was the one I wanted to show the most, that some programs cam work, even if they are not based on the Canada Food Guide.  However, her and her hubby Ryan were not around for a visit.  We will have to venture to Humboldt one day soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment