Monday, December 20, 2010

Final Countdown

Christmas is creeping up on us, and it seems to come a lot quicker now as an almost 50 year old, versus when I was 5.  Most of our preparations are done now, with the exception of that final grocery list.  We have got all the important stuff out of the way, so now it's get the house ready for the family to arrive.

We went to the kids Christmas party from Laurel's office last night.  It was pretty cool to see all the young kids flock around "Santa" as he gave them presents.  They were pretty excited.  One of the staff has 2 little boys that were just drawn to Santa, and with no hesitation.  They were on his lap almost right away, and wanted a present.  They didn't care what they got, they simply wanted something to open.  It was to cool.  The supper was pot luck and there was so much food.  Thank god for a tray of veggies and a shrimp ring.  At this time of the year, your lucky to find anything healthy at a gathering.  So much food, so many carbs and so good..........................I did my best to make sure there wasn't a lot of grazing.  You know, standing around the food and moving from dish to dish, without really knowing how much you had.  I find it easier to simply take what I want, and move to the other end of the town to get away from the rest.  I sampled nothing out of the ordinary lat night.  I will do my sweet sampling over the next couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment