Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I am disgusted with myself.......

So.....after 2 weeks of no movement, my weight loss has turned into huge gain.  3 lbs upwards after the last week.  I am totally disgusted with myself, and embarrassed by the outcome. For almost 4 months, I have worked my ass off to get my weight to a point that I am happy with the results.  It has gone so well, until the month of December.  Granted, things have changed since December 3rd, and my activity level has changed, n]my water intake is down, and I am drinking way more caffeine than I should.  However, how was it that I allowed this to happen.  I thought I was stronger, I thought I understood the program better.  But as with everything with me, I allow myself to stray and make changes to the process that is there for a reason.  Now I have to face the music and the embarrassment of screwing up.  Right now I am feeling very depressed and upset, and am pretty much willing to throw in the towel for the rest of December.  But that's what my will power is telling me,  but it's not what I want.  As I look at this post and see that photo my feelings are running down my face.  I knew it could happen, and it has happened, but right now it hurts alot. 

Where do I go from here??  What am going to do to get this on the right path once again?  Pretty simple.  Get on with the program as it is laid out, and forget about the gain.  I recognize where the last weeks mistakes are and need to make sure they don't happen again.  I have to get my water in my system and try and reduce the caffeine.  There is no easy answer, but there are solutions.  I will make those solutions work, and I will lose the weight.  It's really 2 disappointments.  I never reached my Christmas goal of 285 either.  So, my focus will just have to be stronger now. 

2 comments:

  1. As hard as it may be Dave, just take it in stride and move on. EVERYONE has setbacks on their weight loss journey and the real test is whether you can overcome those setbacks. Throwing in the towel for the rest of December will only make your road longer in the end. If you are frustrated and down about it now, think of how you will feel if you give in the next week and a half. So my advice (not that you asked for it!) is to just keep going. The holidays are so hard to stay on track but just do your best and face each day as it comes. You may have to re-adjust the time frame of your goals, but you WILL get there.
    Merry Christmas to you and Laurel. Please let us know when you are in the city and you have some extra time for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,
    Sorry for your disappointing weigh in this week! Just remember that this is only a bump in the road, and there maybe more detours on this journey. Don't let this get you down.....look at it as a learned lesson and move forward. Apply the knowledge you already have and stay positive! You can do it!!!
    This is a hard time of the year to lose weight and I'm sure you are not the only one going to be feeling this way. I may need a pep talk myself following the holidays. Enjoy the holidays within reason and go back strict to the program as soon after the festivaties as possible.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete