Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gus Rocks!!!

Well our crazy poker playing Greek, out did himself once again.  He catered the town Christmas party last night and it was awesome!  Appetizers of dry ribs, spanakopeida ( frick if I can spell it) and dip.  Then the main course was chicken breast and roast beef.  Greek potatoes, salads and cheesecake for dessert.  It was a great time, and a nice way to spend the evening.  Played some pool, some Wii and young Matt Lamb entertained for us for about 30 minutes.  He is a about 17 years old and is an incredible guitarist.  His dad and mom were very proud last night!!

So, the end of 1 week of recovery from my major surgery.  Healing well, but pretty sore.  It`s actually better this morning then it has been all week.  I think there may be progress.  I hope so, `caused retirement sucks!!!  One more week for sure of being at home, so I better get the recipes out.  I have baking exchange going on with some at my office and outside the office.  I am making extremely low fat, low carb and high fibre fudge.............................yeah, like there is such a thing.  I will be making my fudge, and have to hide it from Laurel.  So it`s baking and then it will be hidden in a snow bank somewhere in the back yard.  Laurel and chocolate or sweet is her weakness.  And I won`t let her step backwards in her program.  She may get a small piece, but that will be it. 

Okay, ready to head to the big city of Melfort for a look around.  We have a rain check at the Canadian Tire for a blow up bed.  We are getting some company at Christmas, and we need the beds.  Lots of space, just need to fill the space up.

No comments:

Post a Comment