Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mom and Dad

I drove into Yorkton today to drop off Christmas gifts for our Esterhazy and Yorkton families.  I had a chance to see my mom and dad for the 1st time since I started Ideal Protein.  I think that they were both extremely surprised to see the amount of weight and inch's I dropped,  My dad commented that he can not remember ever seeing me this size.  I originally thought he was joking, but I soon realized he wasn't.  He had a hard time not telling me how slim I looked.  I think he was very happy for me.  My mom, as always, acknowledged that I lost weight and left it at that.  I know she is happy for me, though.  I could tell.

2 days in a row, I graced Chinese buffet for lunch.  This time I was smarter, and stayed with the fresh veggies and some stir fry.  It was a much better choice then yesterday.  I never struggled this afternoon with the blood sugar spike.  Thank god for the salad bar/veggies at the Asian Buffet in Yorkton.  Or else I might have not made it home without a road side nap!!

I made another pan of fudge last night.  I took out the pan at supper to cut it up, and placed the pan on the stove.  I apparently didn't realize the stove had been on.  Needless to say, the fudge had to be reset up, before I could carve it out.  Lesson to be learnt here................don't use the stove while making Christmas fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment