Thursday, September 9, 2010

So.......

Crazy day at work, led me to try and make it from breakfast to supper with only a protein packet.  It was a stupid decision.  I had to go to Subway and get my favourite salad.  One thing I am learning is that when you can eat unlimited lettuce and cups of vegetables, you need to make sure you have them when you can.  Yesterday I missed supper, other then a protein pack.  I had my snack at night, but by 4AM I was really ready to eat again.  I drank a couple of glasses of water and all was fine.  I could hardly wait to have the breakfast drink this morning. 

Our beautiful and radiant pregnant friend Janna introduced use to lettuce wraps a couple of months ago.  they are freakin' awesome.  You make a mixture of ground chicken and stuff to create a dish that is served in lettuce leaves, and a sauce is poured over the chicken.  Incredible meal, and almost perfect for this diet.  I will get Laurel to give me the recipe to share.

I am on my on this weekend in Elbow for some meetings and golf.  I have my food and vitamins packed, but I got no Laurel to remind me of stuff.  She is on her way to Esterhazy for our niece's birthday.  Shae was born the morning of 9/11.  I remember the call, and then the shock of the TV reports from our living room.  One happy occasion and one tragedy all with in moments of each other.  We need to live each day, like it's a whole new challenge.  Kind of like our dogs.  Every 15 minutes is a new day for them, and they live for now not the past.

I am felling great and truly enjoying the new challenge.  No heart burn, acid reflux or bloated feelings for about 10 days.  I like not having those issues. 

Woo Hoo......long weekend.  

1 comment:

  1. We had lettuce wraps last night........so yummy!!! !st time I cooked them since you were here.

    ReplyDelete