Monday, September 13, 2010

Mongolie Grill

So last night I arrived into Regina for a week of training new staff.  My partner in training, is Roxanne from NB.  We chose to go to the Mongolie Grill on the east of end of Regina.  It is a great stir fry restaurant, that allows you to choose your ingredients buffet style.  It was really good.  So good, that Roxanne decided we needed to go back there again tonight.  I have to say that it is a great place to eat and follows pretty well, what I need to be able to stay on track.  It is a pretty nice place, so you should try it sometimes.  I think Laurel and I will be frequenting it again when we come back.

I had another person ask me to day if I was losing weight.  They said they noticed my face and neck had shrunk.  I never really noticed that, but I had to stand in the mirror and check it out.  I really don't see any change, but it's a couple of times I have been asked that.  I guess we'll see Thursday at the weigh in/measure up day.

I am having a bit of a tough couple of days.  I am into some pretty hard cravings.  I want a dish of ice cream real bad.  Not only that, I would kill for a bag of Hawkin's Cheezies.  not sure why, but they are the 2 things I can smell every where I go.  I have to confess, I arrived home from Elbow and Laurel was in Esterhazy.  Keegan had ordered a pizza, and there was leftovers in the fridge.  I was about 5 seconds away from having a slice.  I put it in my hands and had it ready to eat.  I am not sure why, I was hungry, but I lost my will power for a second.  I immediately split the pizza, and my two furry kids each got to enjoy the piece.  I did like my fingers though.....................I will have that treat, but not for another couple of weeks.  I want the treat to be my reward.  I think that is important for me, so I can keep this up.  That moment was a big step for me.  Had I eaten the pizza, I think the whole process would have been ruined for me.  I beat the craving and I beat the lack of will power.  And beyond that, I made myself proud!

1 comment:

  1. Good job Dave! You need to make the program work for you. One treat per week might not be so bad but whatever you think will work best for you. This morning I ate birthday cake for breakfast and I am saying to myself that all my crappy eating ends the second baby is born....or today...but we are going to the city and I love me my asian food!

    ReplyDelete