Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saskatoon

This weekend we attended the inaugural Saskatchewan Golf Hall of Fame golf tournament and banquet.  We played golf at the Willows.  I shit the bed........not sure the last time I shot a 92.  It was a pretty nice day, but I think my head was up my azz........

I made a mistake yesterday, and did not eat enough food at lunch.  I had a protein bar but that was it.  As the afternoon wore on,  I got to experience the real feeling of hunger versus dehydration.  By the time supper came along, I was extremely hungry and had been having stomach pains.  I will not do that again.  Geez, I don't eat like before and when my body is hungry I gotta feed it......

Supper was a carbohydrate feast!  Yorkshire pudding, potatoes, mixed veggies and prime rib and gravy.  Started salad of spinach, sun dried tomatoes and raspberry vinaigrette.  Cheesecake for dessert with Saskatoon topping.  I had my 1st official cheat and ate 2 of the Yorkshire pudding.  I remember my grandmother used to make it and I just love it.  I tried to get as much broccoli as I could, and had a pretty nice piece of beef.  The dessert was sampled too, but I was able to eat a few small fork fulls and leave the rest.  I was real proud of myself for that.  Normally it would  have been devoured and looking for the rest of Laurel's.   The information I have read, tells me that the bit of food I had that is full of carbs and sugar, will take 3 days to be run from system.  That means no weight loss in those 3 days.  I know my weight from Saturday morning,so I will see Monday how it effected me.  And then Thursday will be the real tell.  I think after the 3 weeks, I deserved a bit of a change.  It was very good, but it's back to the routine tomorrow.

I have still got a lot of  energy and ready to keep forging ahead.  I have found this so easy and accommodating to my life style.   There is no pressure at all.  And the process is simple and really enjoyable.

We got to see Jack G today.  I posted a photo of Laurel and Jack from the hospital.  He is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment