Thursday, January 13, 2011

Weigh in and purging day.......




So today, I lost 1 more pound.  57 total pounds to date.  But the kicker today, 6 inch's lost.  That takes me to 60 total inch's.  The lost inch's were quite a surprise.  I expected a couple, but not 6.  It was a great feeling.  I spent some time with Lana talking about the weight and how slow it's been.  We reviewed my eating habits, and we think we came up with a reason.  I am enjoying to many of the restricted protein.  I need to go back to some basics, and restrict the restricted to 1 a day.  I think that this is part of the problem for me.  So, for the next week, I am going to go back to a bit more of the basic program and see how I fair from there.  I just need to get back to some larger losses.  I have been spending to much time being a bit nonchalant. 

So, the other pics are of my purge evening.  It was time to go through the closet and get rid of the oversize items.  When it was all said and done, I am left with 3 pairs of jeans, 3 khaki's, and 15 golf shirts.  I have 7 jackets and coats as well.  So, what did I get rid of??  Let's start by telling you I had given away 40 golf shirts in April of this past year.  Laurel has always told me that I had a shopping problem, especially for golf shirts and coats.  So, tonight the stack of cloth's lay out like this:

Shirts - 24
Dress Shirts - 6
Dress Pants - 5
Khaki's - 7
Walking Shorts - 11
Coats and Jackets - 24

I guess you can say, I do have a shopping problem.  80 golf shirts in the closet was a bit much, you can say.  Laurel was laughing at me, because she knew how hard it was for me to do the purge.  She then lectured me about the appropriate way to shop.  It's something I am getting used to now.  I do not have to buy every color of a shirt I find that fits.  I can wait, buy 1 and get another later.  I just need to learn the proper process for shopping.  It may take me a few purchases to get into the new habit!!

2 comments:

  1. wow Dave u have done so well! I am starting to become jealous of all your weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Dave! Daniel is JUST like you! He has hundreds of golf shirts and t-shirts. I think Laurel and I had this discussion back in October.

    ReplyDelete