Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Goals

I started back to work today.  Good I missed! I did not enjoy the time off.  I was bored to the max, and because of the weather and my restricted use of my hand, I was mostly miserable.  However getting back to the office made me realize, that if retirement is like the month of December, it will be along time before I call it a career. 

Being back at work will also allow for me to make sure I consume my water, and not allow for any temptations.  I went back to the program full time now, and I am anxious for Wednesday.  I am finding hunger in the afternoons and not sure why.  Drinking extra water to try and compensate the hunger for now.  if it continues I may have to try and put a small snack in to get me through to supper. The extra program protein will help. 

My new goal is to get to 270 by the time we leave for Phoenix on February 24th.  I then will try and keep my weight to between 270 and 275 while on holidays.  Anything below 270 will be bonus.  I am still looking for a 100 lb weight loss total.  I think I can do it.  Once spring comes and the golfing starts, the weight maintenance should be easier.  However, as I have seen this last month, nothing is guaranteed or easy.  I would like to be able to go away, and simply be watchful of the food I am eating, but also enjoy the food choices with little guilt.  Christmas was a good lesson, and I know some of the issues I had.  I now can be more attentive and make better choices. 

Wednesday weigh in is approaching..................

No comments:

Post a Comment