Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Religious Experiance

Today, I had to buy a new belt. The one I have been using has now gotten to be a bit to big.  I had it for a few years.  4 X was the tag.  I stopped in Big n Tall in Saskatoon on my way out of the city.  I met up with the store manager, who has been around that store for as long as there has been dirt.  He noticed  my face right away and commented on the weight loss.  I told him my dilemma,and picked out a belt.  It fit!!!!  1 x......................I said 1X.................that is 6 inches smaller then the one I had to replace.  It was cool.  So, he does his normal " Hey u gotta try this or look at that" speech.  I told him I would like to try on a pair of pants and a shirt, to see what size I may need.  He grabbed a couple of items of the shelves.  I tried on some casual pants.  They fit perfect.  Waist size.....46......prior to the program start 50.  I then tried on a cotton shirt.  3 xl.................prior to the program.........4 xl or 5xl.  I have to say, it felt real good.  I was pretty shocked at the pants.  I don't think I can remember wearing a 46 in pants.  I don't think Laurel and I were together, and that's 19 years since we have been dating.

I left the store, purchased my belt and 2 pairs of underwear.  I have been struggling keeping the old ones up!!!!!!  So Laurel gave me permission to buy a pair.  I celebrated and bought 2.  Living on the edge........Weigh in #9 is in 11 1/2 hours.  I am hoping.............................we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment