Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Over........

Well, the holiday is over and I think I survived it pretty well.  Last night was round two of the traditional thanksgiving meals.  Mark, Laura and Liam came for supper.  It was a great meal.  I avoided the potatoes.  Had way to much turkey, some stuffing and the broccoli salad Laura bought.  And I had to have the pumpkin pie.  By 9:30 last night, I felt the sluggish come on,from the extra carbs and sugar I ate.  And during the night I had quite a restless sleep.  My tummy was upset and I had some pretty severe heartburn.  Pepcid helped reduce the feeling.  It wasn`t simply the pie, adding a bit of the broccoli and I chose to sample a gross cabbage roll, had a part in the restless night. 

I am reading the book that Dr Chanh has developed about the program.  It answers lots of questions I had and still have.  The interesting line I have melted into my brain is this, carbs do not make you gain weight, they block u from losing weight.  Meaning, if u want to lose any weight at all, u have to reduce the amount of carbs that you take in.  Reducing allows for the body to burn tha stored sugar and fats u have in your system.  If u eat carbs all the time, then the body only uses what your taking in, and then stores the excess for later use.  That`s where we gain our weight.  So by reducing the carbs for the program, the body is forced to take the stored sugars to fire the heart.  There is where the weight loss comes in.

So,as it stands, I am so excited about the end results.  I am making a plan to have a goal weight.  I will reveal the magic number in a few days.  I put on 3 shirts yesterday that are brand new and never worn because I had been able to get them on.  The fit pretty awesome.  I also resurrected 2 pairs of pants that were lonesome in my closest. Saturday I took my wedding suit to the cleaners.  I will be wearing it, for my long term service award this Saturday in Regina.  It is actually big.  15 years ago, Laurel and I were married.  I am now less mass then I was then.  I also promised my staff, that I would wear that suit to work one day, when it fit.  It looks like I gotta live up to that promise.  However, unless one of them is reading my blog and comments that they are holding me to it, then I guess they won`t know I can wear it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment