Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We are back

Well, we are back into the fold and doing all the things we were doing before Phoenix.  Work, shopping and staying on track in the program.  It was a long week, in that I have battled cravings all week.  The most severe was earlier this week, and I think it was because I was out about 10 days since my last over run of carbs.  After Tuesday, they subsided and now I am pretty much free of any bad cravings. 
Going back to the 1st of September, this was pretty much the same feeling I had struggled with then.  We ate so many high carb items, bit we also had good food to go along with it.  The body had been so deprived of that stuff, that when it was introduced I think it partied pretty hard.  Now I am in carb withdrawal, or maybe it's a hangover.  Either way, I have stopped all those extras and returned to the protein push.  Keeping the distance between protein grams and carb grams at a large number will help me moving forward.

It was really nice to have had the break, and realize that with a real conscious effort, I can actually live a normal life.  I simply have to watch and then react after a day or two of indulging.  I have lost all of my vacation weight according to my scale.  I just hope I can be under the 279 mark this week.  Then I will be moving in the right direction.  My countdown has begun.  I want to be 245 by August 28th, so that it will be 1 year on the program and 100 lbs lost.  So hurry up golfing.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment